Sunday, February 6, 2011

MEXICO TRIP

     A LITTLE WHILE BACK I TOOK A TRIP TO THE YUCATAN PENINSULA IN MEXICO. IT WAS ME AND ABOUT THIRTY PEOPLE. WE MET MANY AMAZING PEOPLE AND DID MANY AMAZING THINGS. THERE I SAW ONE OF THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORD, MAYAN CITY OF CHICHEN ITZA. ONE NIGHT WE WENT OUT TO EAT IN THE CITY OF IZAMAL, WHICH EVERY BUILDING IS PAINTED YELLOW. IT WAS A NICE RESTAURANT FOR THE AREA. SO WE ENJOYED A GOOD MEAL OF WELL WE DON'T REALLY KNOW. AFTER WE ATE WE ALL WERE SITTING AROUND TALKING WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT HIT ME LIKE A TON OF BRICKS. MOTHER NATURE WAS CALLING! I RUSHED TO THE EL BANO WERE I CARRIED OUT HER CALLING. WALKING BACK INTO THE ROOM LIKE A COWBOY I REALIZED HEY THAT HUGE TABLE THAT WE WERE ALL SITTING AT IS EMPTY. I BEGAN TO LOOK FOR MY GROUP OF PEOPLE AND THEY WERE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. I RAN OUTSIDE AND ALL OF THE CARS WE TOOK TO THIS TOWN, WHICH WAS 1 HOUR AND A HALF AWAY FROM WHERE WE WERE STAYING, WERE GONE. MY PASSPORT, MONEY, AND IPOD WAS IN ONE OF THOSE CARS, BUT WAIT I SEE ONE OF OUR LITTLE GREEN TRUCKS. I RUSH OVER THERE AND TO MY SURPRISE ONE OF THE MEXICANS WE KNEW, JOSE, COULD NOT CRANK UP HIS TRUCK. NOW ONE FACT ABOUT JOSE IS THAT HE CANNOT SPEAK A LICK OF ENGLISH. WE TRIED AND TRIED TO GET IT TO CRANK IT  ,BUT WE RESORTED TO WALK TO A MECHANICS HOME. HE TOOK A LOOK AND SAID I CAN FIX IT BUT IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST A WEEK. (WELL THATS WHAT I THINK HE WAS SAYING) SO WE WALK TO THE BUS STATION WERE JOSE BUYS TWO TICKETS TO GET BACK HOME. WE ARE SITTING THERE WAITING, NIGHT IS FALLING AND I REALIZE " CRAP OUR PLANE IS FLYING OUT AT 4:30 IN THE MORNING" WE WAIT BUT THE BUS NEVER SHOWS UP. SO ONCE AGAIN WE START WALKING. JOSE TAKES ME ON A ROAD THAT SAID MERIDA"THE CITY WE WERE STAYING IN" SO AND SO KILOMETERS. WE ARE WALKING AND JOSE STARTS GIVING A HITCHIKERS THUMB TO EVERY CAR THAT PASSED. FINALLY A BIMBO TRUCK (MEXICAN BREAD COMPANY) GAVE US A RIDE IN HIS SING CAB, THREE SITTER, STANDARD TRUCK. WELL LITTLE OLE WHITE BOY SITS IN THE MIDDLE OF TO MEXICANS WHO CANT SPEAK ANY ENGLISH WITH A STICK SHIFTER BETWEEN MY LEGS. WE FINALLY GET TO MERIDA OF A HOUR AND A HALF OF TRAVELING THROUGH THE JUNGLE. THE NICE BIMBO TRUCK DRIVER MEXICAN MAN DROPPED US OFF ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF TOWN. NOW MERIDA ACTUALLY ISNT A TOWN BUT A VAST CITY OF 1.5 MILLION MEXICANS WITH SOME TOURIST. SO WE BEGIN WALKING AGAIN, IT IS NOW RAINING AND DARK. WE GET A CAB AND IT TAKES US TO THE HOUSE WE WERE STAYING AT AND NO ONE IS THERE. THE NEIGHBORS TOLD US THAT THE BIG WHITE GROUP WENT TO BURGER KING. SO WE GO THERE AND I WAS FINALLY REUNITED WITH MY FRIENDS WHO APPARENTLY WERE FREAKING OUT ALL BECAUSE THEY DIDNT DO THE ELEMENTARY HEAD COUNT. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice story! I hope you enjoyed visiting my country! sucks that your group left you behind tho...good to know nothing worse happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man well it coulda been worse always think positive

    ReplyDelete